Sunday, November 22, 2015
Wednesday, November 4, 2015
Monday, November 2, 2015
Tuesday, October 27, 2015
Saturday, October 24, 2015
Tuesday, June 30, 2015
Modi's style has brought in the first phase of what he thinks people are lacking, pride in the nation, respect in the world and a peek into the goodness we all have. Selfies with world leaders adds to his and the nation's presence, selfies with young kids endear him to people but selfies hardly solve anything. A 10 second job in individual and collective vanity. To make matters worse such is the band of his followers who do not think deep and must be in defence of whatever he does. Selfies, photo ups add little to changing real India, it only makes people feel good and rather puts them in a place where they cannot really question the PM, he has gone to their emotional system and hence logic counts little.
Great work has been done in Yemen, Nepal in army operations in Manipur and in launching initiatives for financial inclusion but we must not be blinded. Swatch Bharat Abhiyan is a great tool for people who hardly contribute, but for people who really contribute the idea looks just good for media. Celebrities will not clean up anything they will pose and feel, thats a great success but deep in villages its water for toilets that matters.It is the presence of dustbins, the presence of toilets in urban areas that will ensure people do not relieve in public.
#Selfiewithdaughter is another example, a 10 sec effort is a great move but does not attack where most needed, the idea that women and men all are equal, must have equal opportunities in education, health and decison making. Research on female nutrition suggests that women eat last hence the least as little is left in poor families. Hence #rotiwithdaughter seems a more deeper change move. There is a serious lack of depth and no one in the media seems to really question that, all are self absorbed to be on the right side of power. What else explains Lalit modi taking his word on social media rather than mainstream media, his doubts that people would air the wrong side.
Modi has added to India's optimism, he is the best person we have but he is just setting the stage, the actual play is yet to get live, these are just fillers but the content of development for the poor is yet to roll out. His focus on Yoga suggests it is a long term game for him not a T20 match.
I am sure he will do well, but only when his party allows and his followers understand they are people in India apart from him who are as partiotic as he is if not more.
Wednesday, June 3, 2015
Its been a while since I wrote on this blog, partly because I became a Victim of everyday work. There are lot of things I wanted to share much from my travels then from books. Visited Bihar many times , always left saddened
1. Looks life an African capital to me, alive from those movies. No traffic lights, no coherence, no pride in human identity.
2. People I meet are generally unhappy they did not get a govt job. Sad to see this metric define human happiness levels.
3.Sad about Bihar since I expect a lot from here, every second person I meet is sharp, has knowledge but does not use it at all, that's a big worry , sad lives, something is super wrong .
4. All said í done corruption and mai baap culture rules, no one has learnt anything and may not learn too.
5. Bihar is the most promising and most dissapointing place in India. Young stupid people waste lives to be mercenaries of uneducated politicians in the govt service. Those in service have sold all good morals long back and do nothing for ppl.
6. Bihar ppl are an afraid lot, for god knows what, smart ppl being afraid of unsmart ppl is doom as it is Bihar.
Ps: on board a 6 hr late train in Patna, hope time meant something.
Tuesday, June 2, 2015
Sunday, January 18, 2015
1. AAP Vote because
1. Clean money
2. Need to be promoted to ensure check on Bjp after congress is too powerless
3. Has selfless volunteers, they brought young to politics
4. Made their stand clear and joined politics
5.Made mistake but admitted
6. Its the tadka in politics the spice of Indian politics
7. Will help them grow which is good for Indian politics
Do not vote for AAP because
1. They need to do dharna, with central govt of Bjp there is no way things will be easily granted to them
Not a smooth ride for them due to allignment issues with centre.
Vote for Bjp because
1. Allignment with centre govt
2. Modi govt policies maybe fastracked
Do not vote for Bjp
1. Where are funds coming from
2. There will be a tussle for leadership, cannot escape this.
3. Weaker opposition in india overall .no party will question their wrong,AAP will have a long way, may loose relevance
Vote wisely , but do vote, your choice makes delhi and democracy stronger !!